- The sounds of a square in a day
- The spotlight on a Slovenian actor
- Spanish cheese in the heart of Barcelona
- Barcelona locals support their artists
- Ping pong in the park
- Blaha Luzja Ter: The square you wouldn´t like to be in
- Art-filled Sundays at Merrion Square
- The Temple Bar area is more than just a place to drink
“Arneageren Square”- Heart of Stavanger, or is it?
- Creating comics – Belfast artist Stephen Downey
- Thoughts from a square
- The Follower
- A square of red and green
- Istanbulites Rally to Save Taksim Square
- Selling the Merchant City
- A square with a restless heart
- Itä-Pasila’s struggle to rise up
- “I didn’t even think that is possible to make a living out of art”- Andres Koczka, Artist
- The art of Checkpoint Helsinki
- A fairy godmother of demi-couture
- Made in Rome
Saved by the crisis
Guitar maker Bernd Martin is optimistic
- The gay scene in Ljubljana
- All Smoke and Fire: Poking Istanbul’s Contemporary Art Bubble
- The (con)temporary crisis
- From ashes to exhibition: Mona Hatoum heads to the hills of Istanbul to test the limits of glass
- CAMP-ing in the Square
- The downside of being a UNESCO world heritage site
- “I work for the future”
- Bairro Alto – The party village of Lisbon
- Colour a street – make a difference
- The Spanish Steps
- La Mariposilla
- TradConnect connects Irish musicians worldwide
- The Titanic Quarter: turning history into the future of Belfast
- Kauppatori in all its glory
- License to create
- Praça do Comércio
“Holy week not that holy anymore”
The loss of Semana Santa’s religious background
- Strong Sarajevan art lacks hope for future
City Squares Archive
Posted on 21 June 2012 | No CommentsLJUBLJANA— The main square in Ljubljana is called Prešeren after the poet France Prešeren. The square is situated in the...
Posted on 21 June 2012 | No CommentsBARCELONA – Finding an open ping-pong table at the corner of the Parc Ciutadella in Barcelona is a near impossible...
Posted on 19 June 2012 | No CommentsDUBLIN— Every Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Merrion Square turns into an open air market where you can...
Posted on 19 June 2012 | No CommentsSTAVANGER —Each city has this one place, loudly and lively, full of people and always something is going on. For...
Posted on 19 June 2012 | No CommentsGRANADA—All those people you see when sitting down in a square – ever wondered what they are thinking about? Welcome...
Posted on 19 June 2012 | No CommentsGLASGOW – Many call central squares the heart of a city, but George Square in Glasgow bleeds. The square’s violent...
Posted on 19 June 2012 | No CommentsContested Municipal Plans to Drastically Renovate City’s Largest Square ISTANBUL – It’s a muggy Monday afternoon in Beyoğlu, Istanbul’s central...
Posted on 19 June 2012 | No CommentsBILBAO—If there is someone in this city who cannot sleep at all, that’s me. I am never alone. I cannot...
Posted on 19 June 2012 | No CommentsA Meeting Point For Artists in Athens ATHENS—Amidst Kotzia Square’s emblematic infrastructure which houses the National Bank of Greece and...
Posted on 19 June 2012 | No CommentsHELSINKI — Part tourist trap, part true Finnish experience: welcome to Helsinki’s Market Square. Known as Kauppatori to the locals, the...